March 2022 – Smith Consult are looking for a new Senior Mechanical Engineer. Details below.
We are always interested in hearing from talented individuals who might be keen to join our Building Services Consultancy Team, whether they have years of experience or are hoping to start a new career and train with us.
We don’t talk to recruitment agencies and we believe the best person to talk to us about you, is you! Send your CV through or phone to have a chat if you think you fit the bill.
Follow us on LinkedIn for updates on our latest vacancies.
Current opportunities - Senior Mechanical Engineer (March 2022)
What can we offer you?
A very competitive and negotiable salary based on experience but it’s not all about the money is it? Some other plus points we think are important and hope you do too:
- Flexible working – Laptop provided with VPN setup to allow remote working. Flexible hours to suit. Standard is 37.5 hours per week and we can accommodate part time roles.
- Annual salary and progress review to make sure everyone is happy. Accessible senior management team who encourage ideas and discussions.
- Standard 25 days annual leave, with a gifted day at Christmas and UK bank holidays on top. Leave allowance increase after 5 years’ service.
- Support for professional and academic progression.
- Company commitment to sustainable engineering and reducing our carbon footprint as a company.
- Workplace pension scheme with Royal London allowing you to control your own pension.
- EMI (Enterprise Management Incentive) Scheme in place releasing share options to Staff over next five years. First release of options has already happened.
- Discretionary annual bonus at Christmas.
- Overtime pay, time in lieu and time up front arrangements in place.
- Easy expenses via Xero accounting app. Mileage paid.
- Company mobile phone provided for senior staff.
- Company cycle scheme in place to encourage sustainable travel and office provided bicycle for quick sustainable trips to the shops. Shower room fitted in office.
- Easy walk to Clevedon centre with river side walks on the doorstep all the way to the sea front. Active vibe in the office with regular lunchtime jogging.
- Open and team-minded approach to everything from finances to decor.
- Newly fitted out, modern office in Clevedon, close to M5 junction for easy access.
On top of all that, we are a progressive, friendly company who listen to what you have to say and do our best to act on it.
What do we hope you can offer?
Everyone has something different to add to the mix and we’d rather talk to you about it than talk to an agency, so come to us direct so we can see if there is a good match.
Senior Mechanical Building Services Engineers
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a similar role
- Ideally Degree / HND / HNC qualified
- CIBSE member with focus on professional progression
- Proven track record in building services design – can you talk to us about it & show us what you’re capable of?
- Interact with other disciplines to produce holistic design
- Awareness of BIM and some Revit experience would be great
- Confidence to take teams forward and lead projects during design and on site
- Willing to work with and support our junior team and help develop more successful and talented engineers
- Good ‘people person’ who is happy to interact with all construction project parties
- Commitment to our net-zero operations goal, focussed on low carbon solutions and ready to develop expertise in sustainable engineering
NEW TO THE INDUSTRY?
Want to know more about Building Services Engineering?
The Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) provide loads of useful information.
Or read the CIBSE guides below and see if courses in Building Services Engineering might be the right ones for you.
We are often to be found at local school and college careers events loaded up with lots of information. Our Careers Leaflet gives a good overview of the industry and how budding Engineers can get into it. Come and say hello if you spot us!